Awards and citations:


1997: Le Prix du Champagne Lanson Noble Cuvée Award for investigations into Champagne for the Millennium investment scams

2001: Le Prix Champagne Lanson Ivory Award for investdrinks.org

2011: Vindic d'Or MMXI – 'Meilleur blog anti-1855'

2011: Robert M. Parker, Jnr: ‘This blogger...’:

2012: Born Digital Wine Awards: No Pay No Jay – best investigative wine story

2012: International Wine Challenge – Personality of the Year Award




Saturday 31 October 2009

#EWBC: Saturday session quick impressions and photos


Unlike many participants at the #EWBC conference I opted not to take my laptop with me – I didn't fancy lugging it about with me all day. Probably if Macintosh had a small, convenient notebook it would be different. Also I prefer to listen to what people are saying and make a few notes. If I had my laptop I'm sure I would have been distracted.

Amy Lillard

Philippe Hugon

Unsurprisingly there is a strong presence of Mac users at the conference. Difficult to say whether they are in the majority but certainly a far higher percentage than overall market share.

A topic for next year's conference: new social media and the rise of the new jargon.

Evelyne Resnick

There is a wide range of experience here – some very sophisticated bloggers and twatters – others just starting out. But as Doug Cook (ablegrape) emphasised in his presentation and echoed by others – it's the content that counts.

Apart from Doug Cook's session I have found the technical sessions away from the main hall the most useful, although it is now a question having time to explore the array of sites and gadgets mentioned.

Some Campogate (as dubbed by Justin Roberts) ripples around the conference, especially his no show for the Vinoble tasting last night.

Brief thought for the day: will I succumb to twatter?

(Will try to add more when I have time but must rush back to the VIP hotel for Charles Metcalfe's tasting.)

Today's Robert McIntosh shirt

2 comments:

Jack Everitt said...

"Today's Robert McIntosh shirt" - Okay, so where's today's Paul Smith shirt?

Jim's Loire said...

Jack. As far as I know they are from Forest Hill, London SE23.