Awards and citations:


1997: Le Prix du Champagne Lanson Noble Cuvée Award for investigations into Champagne for the Millennium investment scams

2001: Le Prix Champagne Lanson Ivory Award for investdrinks.org

2011: Vindic d'Or MMXI – 'Meilleur blog anti-1855'

2011: Robert M. Parker, Jnr: ‘This blogger...’:

2012: Born Digital Wine Awards: No Pay No Jay – best investigative wine story

2012: International Wine Challenge – Personality of the Year Award




Thursday 9 December 2010

Porto: Wines of Portugal – International Conference

A view from the Tiara – Park Atlantic Hotel

Now in Porto having arrived from London on QueasyJet early afternoon. I'm here (echoes of JS!) for Wines of Portugal's International Conference 2010. – 10th and 11th December. Speakers include Jancis Robinson MW, Charles Metcalfe, Elin McCoy, Ryan Opaz, Robert McIntosh and Neal Martin.



I expect to be posting from the conference tomorrow.

1 comment:

Luc Charlier said...

Jim, what a typical venue! This is avenida de Boavista, is it not?
Also typical for a “Portuguese” workshop are the ... British speakers!
And you know why?
When Marques de Pombal chucked out the Jesuits, only your nationals were suitable look-alikes to take their place at that time.
Very naughty of me. I’m 100 points on that one.
If, as I’m pretty sure, Dirk Niepoort will be present, give him my regards and tell him we don’t meet often enough. I like the fellow very much (I’m not the only one).

Oh, one remark, are you allowed the future tense after “if”, in English?