Awards and citations:


1997: Le Prix du Champagne Lanson Noble Cuvée Award for investigations into Champagne for the Millennium investment scams

2001: Le Prix Champagne Lanson Ivory Award for investdrinks.org

2011: Vindic d'Or MMXI – 'Meilleur blog anti-1855'

2011: Robert M. Parker, Jnr: ‘This blogger...’:

2012: Born Digital Wine Awards: No Pay No Jay – best investigative wine story

2012: International Wine Challenge – Personality of the Year Award




Sunday 1 April 2012

1855: an April bonjour from Charles Ponzi

Charles Ponzi in 1920

From Charles Ponzi
1.4.2012


Dear Fabien Hyon,


You may be surprised to hear from me – after all I moved onto a new  entrepreneurial sector in January 1949. 

However, I have been so impressed by the way that you and Emeric Sauty de Chalon have managed 1855 maintaining with considerable élan the fundamental principles of a Charles Ponzi business. The fact that you and Emeric have managed to both keep the business afloat paying off creditors and customers at the last moment reflects great credit on you both, despite an increasing number of legal cases. I'm equally impressed that you have managed to keep Jean-Pierre Meyers on side, willing to splash the cash to keep 1855.com afloat. You, two, are indeed my worthy successors. 

Fabien, on a personal note, I also feel impelled to contact you because of the remarkable similarities in our physical appearance. When I saw your photo here I did a double take before realising that this is you and not me as a younger man!   

I trust you will continue to fleece your 'customers' for many years to come.


In awe, messieurs! 


Charles Ponzi



No comments: